Addressing a press conference at Chandigarh today regarding the preparations for International Day of Yoga, which is to be celebrated at Chandigarh on 21st June, 2016, Union Minister of State (I/C) Shri Shripad Yesso Naik outlined the events that are to be held in this regards. The details of the events are as follows.
- Mass Yoga Demonstration of Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) form 7.00 AM to 7.45 AM on 21/06/2016. Venue: Capitol Complex, Chandigarh approx. 90,000 sq. mtr. (Performance by 25000-30000 participants)
- Event organized by UT Admn. in association with Punjab and Haryana
- M/o AYUSH actively supporting with financial and technical inputs.
- All Ministries in the Government of India have been requested to celebrate IDY in their premises and subordinate/attached offices across the country
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON “YOGA FOR BODY AND BEYOND”
- 2-days International Conference at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 22nd and 23rd June, 2016.
- The Conference is expected to be inaugurated by His Excellency Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice-President of India
- Yoga experts from India and abroad will participate in the Conference as Resource Persons
- The M/o AYUSH has requested the Indian Missions across the globe to nominate 3-4 yoga experts/enthusiasts to attend the Conference
- The Conference will deliberate on use of Yoga in various disease conditions in Tertiary Care Hospitals.
- Yoga-based Cultural progrmame for delegates will also be organized on 22nd June, 2016.
IDY ACROSS THE NATION
State Level Functions
- All State Governments have been requested to celebrate the event at the State HQ, District, Block and village level.
- 2-3 major yoga institutions attached to each State for technical and training support.
- One month training programme through selected NGOs in CYP in 675 Districts of the country for general public culminating in celebration of IDY on 21st June, 2016.
- 100 RWAs each in 10 Metropolitan cities to be provided yoga training.
- CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, PHD Chamber of Commerce, ICC, ICAI, ICSI, etc. requested to encourage their members to celebrate IDY at respective premises.
- Leading Yoga Institutions have also prepared elaborate plans for celebrations
IDY IN DELHI
- A Mass Yoga Demonstration is being organized through the NDMC and Rahgiri Foundation at Connaught Place. About 10,000 participants are expected to participate.
- National Yoga Olympiad from 18th to 20th June, 2016 by NCRT and M/o AYUSH
- Events at other places also proposed
Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri – Art of Living (for diplomats & Govt Servants)
Connaught Place – Art of Living
Lodhi Garden – Art of Living
District Park, Sec-11, Dwarka – Patanjali
Talkatora Garden – Patanjali
Swarn Jayanti Park, Near Japanese – Art of Living Park, Rohini
100 RWAs – Vivekananda Yoga Ashram & Surya Foundation
CONNECTING WITH THE YOUTH
- Primary theme of IDY 2016 is to connect with the youth
- Intensive use of social media- through celebrities and corporate CEO endorsements and stories
- Creative formats for engaging with young people- flash mobs, offline and online quizzes, online contests, co-branding with sports brands and e-commerce sites
- Special Yoga apparel- multiple designs prepared by NID and NIFT will be made available for adoption by Fab India Khadi Bhandars and yoga institutions
- Schools– CBSE, ICSE, Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, Ramakrishna Education Society, DPS, DAV, etc have been requested to motivate and mobilize students to celebrate IDY by having school level events.
- NYKS– One lakh affiliated clubs will organize Yoga demonstration on 21.6.2016
- NSS-Mass Yoga Demonstration and a Seminar on Yoga in 351 universities on 21st June 2016.
3.64 million volunteers enrolled in 38,769 NSS units in Colleges/Schools across the country, are being motivated to participated in Yoga Demonstrations
- NCC-Performance of Mass Yoga Demonstration by around 6 lakh NCC cadets at their respective camps. More participation is planned. Training is already on.
9. Bharat Scouts and Guides
-Yoga & Surya Namaskar is an integral part of daily routine activities and camp life for all members (from age group 3+ to 25 years)
– Yoga-Fest in 5 regions from 20th to 22nd June, 2016
10. UGC– To organize 2-3 days “Yoga Fest” in all Universities.
11. Sports Authority of India (SAI)– Mass Yoga display at SAI Stadia and academic Institutions.
CREATING A BUZZ
Book and DVD on CYP– being made freely available in multiple language
Outdoor Publicity– w.e.f. 21st May, 2016
– Hoarding in metros, on bus panels, metro/rail stations
– Leaflets/posters at retail points especially sports shops and malls.
Electronic Media– w.e.f. 21st May, 2016
- Video clips of 20 celebrity endorsements- Amitabh Bachchan, Shilpa Shetty, Virat Kohli, etc. will be telecast on multiple channels.
- Video spots of 30 seconds each on important Yog Asanas will be telecast on DD as Asana of the day.
Print Media : Articles in Newspapers/ Magazines
Social Media:- Mobile apps, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
New dynamic and interactive IDY Web Portal has been launched on 25th May, 2016
– Interesting online quizzes and contests
– Revamped portal to be launched by 23rd May
Health Editors Conference held on 08.06.2016
A National level Yoga Geet competition organized- 900 entries received, being finalized.
Mass mailing of SMS of Yoga tag lines/messages, whatsapp messages
Curtain Raiser- A 3 day Yoga festival organized at Talkatora Stadium from 20-22 April 2016
Sangeet Natak Academy will organize a Yoga Parv (in the context of Preforming Arts)
M/o I&B has drawn an elaborate Media Plan.
- All the reputed and eminent Yoga Teachers/Gurus and institutions like Patanjali Yogpeeth, Brahma Kumaris, Kaivalayadhama, Pune, The Yoga Institute, Art of Living etc., have been associated in celebration of IDY 2016
- These institutions will be organizing mass Yoga events in their respective premises/Ashrams, helping in extending training support to State Governments and other Govt. agencies, Armed Forces, CAPFs, NCC, NYKS, Corporate Houses, etc.
- Will also be organizing seminars/workshops, Yog Shivirs for imparting training to students from schools, colleges, Universities, etc.
- Organizing events across the globe in collaboration with Indian Missions abroad
AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO YOGA
The M/o AYUSH is considering to institute Awards. The scheme of Awards is likely to be announced during IDY-2016 and the first award will be given during IDY-2017.
IDY ACROSS THE GLOBE
- M/o AYUSH, in conjunction with M/o External Affairs is working with all UN Member States through Indian Missions for a befitting organization of Yoga Demonstration at iconic locations across the globe. M/o AYUSH has also provided financial assistance to Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), M/o External Affairs for deployment of Yoga experts across the Missions.