Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, Hon’ble Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Chargebriefed the media here yesterday about the progress of 2nd Generation Reforms of ESIC-2.0 launched by the Prime Minister during the Indian Labour Conference on 20th July, 2015. He said since then ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) has made a remarkable progress in the different areas of coverage and implementation of ESI Scheme, improving medical and health facilities and other aspects of reforms in ESIC.
Shri Shankar Aggarwal, Secretary, Labour & Employment and Shri Deepak Kumar, IAS, Director General, ESIC were also present in this briefing .
The salient features of the Media briefing are –
- Implementation of ESI Scheme in North-East states : Time line- 31.12.2015
Ø ESI Scheme implemented in Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland & Sikkim
Ø Remaining three States, Mizoram, Manipur & Arunachal Pradesh,
Ø Medical arrangements made in Imphal (Manipur). Notification by 15/11/2015.
Ø Mizoram & Arunachal Pradesh, Survey completed. Notification by 30/11/2015.
- Implementation of ESI Scheme in 393 District of the States : Time Line 01.04.2016
— Implementation of the Scheme in remaining areas of 393 districts.
— Field level officers started survey work.
— State Governments apprised of the decision of the Corporation
3.Extension of ESI Coverage to Construction Site Workers : Phase I Target date 31/12/2015
— ESI Coverage extended to Construction workers w.e.f. 1.8.2015 in the implemented area.
— Notice to employers Issued in leading dailies.
— Letter to PSUs also issued.
|Sl.No.||Status as on 15.09.2015||Nos.|
|1.||Total no. of survey conducted||10327|
|2.||Total no. of Construction site workers identified for coverage||116909|
Phase II (Target Date 01.4.2016)
- For Construction worker outside implemented areas in 393 districts
- Survey already started
- Unorganised Workers
— Implementation of Scheme for Unorganized workers in self employed category-
Ø Internal Committee of ESIC to submit a report.
Ø Proposal to be sent to the Ministry of Labour & Employment by 25/9/2015
Ø Proposal to start in Delhi/Hyderabad by 30th Nov 2015.
Reforms in Health Services
- e-Health Records (EHR):
◦ Enables IPs and their family members to view e-prescriptions and investigations/ tests reports online.
◦ Over 73 lakhs discrete EHR generated till date, since inception
◦ RFP for pilot run shall be floated on 25.09.2015
◦ Project expected to go live in 3 months time
- Upgradation of Dispensaries (1st Phase)
- a) Twenty four ESIS Dispensaries identified for up gradation to 30 bedded set up . Based on criteria: ESIC own building ; No. of IPs in the area; Location of dispensary i.e. distance from existing ESI hospital; Average number of beneficiaries availing the services per day and to provide 24X7 facilities.
- b) Pathological & X-ray facilities to be provided on PPP in all the dispensaries in phases.
- c) Pathological services in all dispensaries of Delhi to start from – 30th November 2015
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan & Indradhanush (VIBGYOR) Project
- General Cleanliness, including toilets
- Horticulture & Flower Pots
- White wash/Paint of hospital building both internal and external to be finished till Diwali
- Floor Tiles
- Minor Repair Work
- All areas of hospital should be well lit
- Examination Paper Roll
- VIBGYOR implemented in all hospitals
- Being implemented by all the ESIC hospitals
- Regularly monitored by ESIC Hqrs.
- Nation-wise surprise visits by senior officials .
— 24X7 Medical Helpline facility implemented
◦ Helpline No.1XXX XX 3839
◦ No. of calls attended since implementation – 5857, 7% medical Calls
— Special OPD for senior citizen started
◦ Average attendance 50 per day
— Oncology & Cardiology facility in Hospitals
◦ Target Date : 31st December 2015
◦ Tender to be advertised by 25.09.2015
— Dialysis facility in all ESIC Model Hospitals on PPP Modal
◦ Target Dated : December 2015
◦ Tender Advertised in 17 Hospitals
◦ Dialysis facility already available
IMPROVING PATIENTS /ATTENDANT CARE
— Signages – Model Signage Draft with uniform colour & size sent to all Model Hospitals
◦ Signages in place in most of the locations
— Queue Management System in every hospital
◦ RFP finalized : Advertisement by 25.09.2015
◦ Target date of Implementation: 30th November 2015
— Behavioral training of doctors, paramedical and other staff – being given in most of the hospitals.
— May I Help You Desk facility is available in all hospitals.
— Feedback System for indoor patients already in place.
— Tracking of every pregnant mother & new born.
◦ Pilot project to be started in Delhi
◦ Meeting held with State Programme Officer under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – in first week of August
◦ Offer received from the State Programme Officer to coordinate for implementation in Delhi
◦ Presentation by State Programme Officer by 30th September 2015
— Mother and Child Care Hospital
◦ Committee Constituted – Preparing Norms
◦ Norms to be submitted by October 2015
– AYUSH facilities to be extended to all dispensaries in phases : Target – December 2015
– Yoga facilities in all ESIC Hospitals :Target- 30th November 2015
- Available facilities as on date :